Sunday, January 8

The Twitter

What a wonderful gift I was given last year. I met the Twitter -- or was it the year before? Doesn't really matter. I am in love with it. Through Twitter I have had some amazing things happen. I've met some of my best friends. I've watched babies be conceived and born. I've seen parents lose wonderful, beautiful children. I have watched adoptions happen and some not happen. I've held hands as people cried and laughed. Aside from Monika, all of my Christmas cards this year were from Tweet-hearts.
Then there's Jenny.She wrote a beautiful post the other day about self-harm, depression, and the like. It floored me. Please read it. She is strong. So damn strong. Ever heard of The Traveling Red Dress Project? Again. I will wait. Jenny started talking about it again yesterday-ish in the Twitter land. I am floored by the generosity of people, the love for each other just because we are none of us alone. I am lucky enough to be the recipient of a beautiful red dress, headed my way from Colorado.
I would just like to say THANK YOU guys for always believing in me, for being there when I thought my world was falling in around me. For some awesome Twitter stranger, thank you for reminding me that I am, that I can be, awesome.

With Love Always
Me

1 comment:

  1. You ARE awesome, and SO very deserving of the chance to wear a beautiful red dress. Know that tattoo on your wrist? The one that says, "Amaze Yourself?" Well, YOU amaze ME. Oh, and I'm happy to be the only Christmas card from a non-Tweet-heart. :) (Though technically I'm on Twitter, so I could be a Tweet-heart too.)

    ReplyDelete